Tuesday 12 June 2012

60's hats

As a class assignment for the ABSPD course, featuring Rachael Taylor, launched by Beth Nicholson, the one I recently graduated from, we were supposed to create a pattern based on the England queen's jubille. Is that possible that I recal seeing her passing by on an open car no Campo Grande,  Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, in 1968? If I say that I remember where I was, holding mum's and dad's hands, when she appeared, would you believe me? To be true, I checked that trip out on the internet and found references to her visit to Rio de Janeiro, but not to Salvador. Well, memory do play some tricks, but I think I remember. When doing my homework I imediatelly recall those old days. My memory and my research led me to a pattern based on the many hats she wears. How do you see it?
Today Rachael featured this pattern of mine, along with many other works from amazing classmates. This post is part of a series she's doing on Module 3 graduate students. You can see it here: Module 3 Graduate Showcase 

Como uma lição do curso intitulado ABSPD (A Arte e o Negócio do Design de Padronagem de Superfície), com Rachael Taylor, apresentado por Beth Nicholson, esse curso do qual recentemente me graduei, tínhamos de criar uma padronagem baseada no jubileu da rainha da Inglaterra. Será possível que  lembre da rainha desfilando em carro aberto no Campo Grande, Salvador, Bahia, Brasil, em 1968? Você acreditaria se eu contasse que lembro onde tava, segurando nas mãos de minha mãe e meu pai, na hora em que ela passou? Pra falar a verdade, fui checar sobre essa viagem na internet, mas só encontrei referências à passagem dela pelo Rio de Janeiro. Bom, a memória pode nos enganar, mas acho que lembro. Quando fui fazer o dever de casa, me lembrei imediatamente desses dias. Minha memória e minhas pesquisas me conduziram a uma padronagem baseada nos inúmeros chapéus que usa. O que vc acha?
Hoje a Rachael fez um post (parte de uma série) sobre os trabalhos dos estudantes recém graduados e mostrou essa padronagem minha, juntamente com muitos trabalhos de colegas incríveis. Veja aqui: Module 3 Graduate Showcase

60's Hats, Copyright Bethania Lima, 2012

All images and contents, unless otherwise stated, belong to Bethania Lima. Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website

3 comments: