Saturday 1 December 2012

Art Every Day Month - 30 Nov 2012

"Noite de São João" ("St. John's Eve"), copyright Bethania Lima, 2012.

Well, this post should have appeared yesterday. Better late than never.
I would like to say a huge thank you to Leah Pilken KolidasBoston-based artist  and creator of the "Art Every Day Month" project. More on the project here and here, where you can find the works of other participants. I loved this initiative of her and it has been a huge pleasure to take part on it.
I woul also like to say thank you to Deborah Velásquez, my dear classmate from the ABSPD course I always talk about, who told us about this challenge and encouraged us to take part on it.
I am also very grateful to all fellow members of this challenge. I could get to know the work of some of them and it has been a pleasure to get on this not so daily adventure on their company.
Finally, I am grateful to Jacqueline Auvigne, another classmate from the same course, who showcases the works of other fellow Surface Pattern Designers, under a 2013 patterned calendar, on her third showcase of  works. As we say good bye to November and are welcoming a new year pretty soon, nothing better than showing a calendar for 2013, don't you think?

The pattern above is my idea of a meaningful and very brazilian take on the month of June.
Thank you so much, dear reader, for following this month over here. I want to keep blogging on a more regular basis from now on.


All images and contents, unless otherwise stated, belong to Bethania Lima. Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website

1 comment: